If you have had your office or other commercial premises renovated you will need to clean up before your employees can return to work and your organisation can start functioning normally again.
Open plan office spaces especially can be quite large, and a great deal of dust can be produced during renovation or construction, so you will need to book a professional cleaning team to come and clean it from top to bottom.
Typically, for a recently renovated office space you will be looking at a complete overhaul – windows, flooring, ceilings, fixtures, fittings, desks etc.
Cleaners will need to come armed with specialist equipment such as high-powered vacuum cleaners to remove dust, including from hard to reach high spaces, ceiling panels, air vents, etc. Surfaces especially walls, floors and skirting may need paint or plaster scrubbing off.
Upon completion of all building works a typical commercial post builders clean will include the following:
- De-tape and clean windows and frames from inside
- Wipe over surface electrical goods to walls i.e. light switches, sockets, etc.
- Vacuum fixtures, cupboards, and damp wipe doors, both sides
- Raised floors swept, mopped, and residues extracted
- Remove dust and all finger marks from ceiling panels
- Clean over glass entrance door and windows, inside and outside.
- Matt well vacuumed
- Surface electrical goods to walls wiped over
- Reception desk wiped
- Stainless steel doors to lift wiped over
- Lift car vacuumed
- Floors vacuumed and mopped, residues removed
- Stairs vacuumed, dusted and damp wiped
- Residues removed
- Handrails and balustrades damp wiped and polished
Toilets and Showers
- Tiled walls wiped over and dry buffed
- Sanitary ware and shower heads wiped
- IPS panels wiped over and dry buffed
- Floors swept and mopped
- Surfaces dusted and dry wiped along with appliances such as fridge inside and out
- Floors vacuumed and mopped
- Windows and other glass polished
- Skirting boards and sockets wiped
- Kitchen cupboards cleaned inside and out
- Shelving wiped
Wipe lift doors and clean floors outside the lifts.
While the above specification is for illustration purposes only it gives you an idea of what is involved in a full, top to bottom builders clean of a commercial premises. For large projects a post renovation cleaning service will require a on-site project manager to check the quality and progress of the works and liaise with you and/or your builder.
If you need a professional post builders clean for your London office or commercial premises visit our after builders cleaning page for more information, or contact us to arrange a free no obligation quotation. We work regularly with builders, construction companies, property developers, and shop fitters so whatever your project we can be of help.
A final thought worth noting is that having your premises in spotless condition after refurbishment can pay real dividends for your company image, customers, and workers. If you are a building company a clean premises will reinforce your work and prevent clients coming back with complaints.